Search for articles, books, journals, and more...
- How do I use SuperSearch?
- How do I find peer-reviewed articles?
- How do I add SuperSearch to Chrome, Firefox, or Safari?
- I got too many results.
- I got too few results.
- How do I find MFT Systemic Journals?
Downloading & Requesting
- How do I download SuperSearch articles?
- How do I request SuperSearch books, dvds, and assessment tests?
- How do I request items that aren’t in SuperSearch?
- How do I find and download ebooks?
Saving & Sharing
- How do I merge my old SuperSearch Folder (EBSCO) account?
- What is my SuperSearch Folder (EBSCO) password?
- How do I email SuperSearch articles?
- How do I save articles in SuperSearch?
What is SuperSearch?
SuperSearch is Saint Mary’s Libraries’ search engine, and it enables you to:
- Search the entire library at once;
- Discover peer-reviewed resources faster;
- Copy and paste citations into your papers;
- Get help 24/7 via our chat service;
What is included in SuperSearch?
SuperSearch contains 300+ million resources (the entire contents of both libraries), which include:
- Assessment tests
- Streaming videos
As a bonus, SuperSearch has open access articles, working papers, dissertations, and theses.
What is not included in SuperSearch?
SuperSearch includes most Saint Mary’s Libraries’ resources, except:
Visit Databases for our full list.
How do I use SuperSearch?
Learn how to find, access, cite, and save resources in SuperSearch by watching our tutorial: SuperSearch Overview. Or you can read our quick ‘n’ dirty two-page SuperSearch handout.
How do I find peer-reviewed articles?
- Enter your search terms into SuperSearch.
- Select the Peer-Reviewed Articles checkbox from the left sidebar.
Careful! Not everything published in a peer-reviewed journal is “peer-reviewed.” Non-scholarly items like book reviews, news blurbs, and editor’s opinion pieces can be published in peer-reviewed journals; they will be pulled into your search results even when the Peer-Reviewed Articles box is checked.
Always evaluate your sources before including them in your research, and become familiar with the characteristics of peer-reviewed articles.
How do I add SuperSearch to Chrome, Firefox, or Safari?
You can add SuperSearch to your favorite browser (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Learn how.
I got too many results.
You can reduce your results by:
- Limiting to peer-reviewed articles.
- Narrowing the date range to eliminate older results.
- Using our searching tricks.
- Using controlled vocabulary.
- Searching in a specific database.
- Developing a research question to narrow your topic.
I got too few results.
You can get more results by:
- Checking your spelling.
- Using fewer or broader search terms.
- Using the Boolean operator “OR”.
- Expanding the date range (if you had previously narrowed it).
- Unchecking the Full Text checkbox from the left-hand sidebar, which will expand your search to articles owned by other libraries.
- Searching Google Scholar.
How do I find MFT Systemic Journals?
Search our MFT Systemic Journals SuperSearch to automatically restrict your search results to family and relational journals.
Uncheck the Limit to MFT Systemic Journals box to search all psychology-related resources.
How do I download SuperSearch articles?
Select the PDF – Full Text or Find Full Text links to view, print, and download your articles.
Uncheck the Full Text box from the left sidebar of the results page to find items from other libraries. You can request these articles through interlibrary loan, and they will be emailed to your Saint Mary’s Gmail account within 1-2 business days.
How do I request books, DVDs, and assessment tests?
- Select Request this item below the item’s title in your SuperSearch results.
- A window with our library catalog will appear.
- Select Sign In, and log in with your Saint Mary’s username and password.
- Select Select Place a Hold.
- Select the Send Request button at the bottom of the screen.
We will hold your item at the library desk and email your Saint Mary’s Gmail account as soon as the item is ready for you to pick it up. Contact us if you need the item mailed to you.
If your item is checked out, you may request it from another library by filling out an interlibrary loan request form. If the item is an assessment test or a dissertation, you can place a hold and wait for us to email you when it is available.
How do I request items that aren’t in SuperSearch?
If you are unable to find a specific item in SuperSearch:
- Search its title in Google Scholar.
- Select the More or Find Full Text – Saint Mary’s links.
- Fill out the interlibrary loan form to request the item from another library.
Articles are emailed to your Saint Mary’s Gmail account within 1-2 business days, and books arrive within 1-4 business days. Learn more about interlibrary loan
How do I find and download ebooks?
You can view ebooks online or download them to any device by following our eBook instructions.
How do I copy APA citations from SuperSearch?
- Select the title of your item.
- Select Cite from the right-hand sidebar, and a citation window will open at the top of the webpage.
- Select the APA citation.
- Copy and paste the citation into your paper.
- Check the citation for formatting accuracy.
How do I merge my SuperSearch Folder (EBSCO) accounts?
Our new login system automatically generates a SuperSearch folders account for you. Consequently, if you previously created a SuperSearch folders account, you will need to connect it with your newly created account to retain access to your saved items.
Sign In with Google
If you previously logged into SuperSearch folders using the Sign in with Google option, you will not be able to merge your accounts. However, you can view your old account using the Switch Accounts option in the top right corner of SuperSearch.
How to Merge Accounts
- Go to SuperSearch.
- Select Update my account in the top right corner of the page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and look for Merge Accounts.
- Select Get started.
- Sign in to your old account.
- Confirm that the correct account information is listed, then select Merge Account.
- In the confirmation pop-up, select Continue.
- You will receive an email in your Saint Mary’s Gmail account when the merge is complete.
What is my SuperSearch Folder (EBSCO) password?
Your password is the same one that you use for Canvas. If you forgot your password, contact the IT Helpdesk.
How do I email articles from my SuperSearch folders?
- Go to SuperSearch.
- Select Folder from the top right menu.
- Mark the boxes next to the articles you would like to email to yourself.
- Select E-mail (located in the right-hand sidebar).
- Enter your email address(es).
- Select Send. Boom!
How do I save articles in SuperSearch?
- Go to SuperSearch.
- Perform a brilliant search.
- Select the blue folder icon located to the right of each resource’s title on the results page. The item is now saved in your SuperSearch folder.
- Select the Folder link at the top right of SuperSearch to view your items.