You can ask us to teach your students how to find, evaluate, and use information via webinar or face-to-face in your classroom. Work with a librarian to design a session or a series of sessions that meet your particular needs.
We aspire to help students become independent researchers, so we offer rigorous instructional services that:
- Enable your students to find, evaluate, and use sources;
- Familiarize your students with the most current resources for your discipline;
- Increase student research confidence and library usage;
- Reduce faculty workloads and the need to stay current on library resources.
We offer library instruction in a variety of modes. You can request library instruction that takes place:
- Synchronously and asynchronously
- Online via webinar and Canvas
- Face-to-face in your classroom as well as in the Winona Library classroom
For research intensive graduate courses, consider eBrarian, our rigorous and full-service online instruction program.
We also can create research guides tailored to your course and discipline. These guides can include the best resources for your subject area as well as specific search strategies for your discipline or assignment. These guides can work in tandem with library instruction or stand alone.
We have partnered with hundreds of Saint Mary’s faculty to create research activities, assignments, learning objectives, and courses that engage students in critical thinking about information literacy. Make an appointment with us to get started.
We welcome referrals for students who need additional research guidance. Encourage students to make an appointment for help with choosing topics, developing research questions, as well as evaluating, organizing, and using resources.
Working on a research project? We can help you construct search strategies that will speed up the research process.
Find My Librarian
Connect with the instruction librarian for your campus and discipline.