by Rachel McGee | May 10, 2021
Students, Faculty, and Staff
Current Saint Mary’s University students, faculty, staff have full access to Saint Mary’s Libraries’ online materials while off-campus. To log in:
- Go to Saint Mary’s Libraries’ home page.
- Enter a search into the search box and select search.
- Log in with your username and password (same one that you use for Saint Mary’s Student Portal, Canvas, etc.)
- Success! Your SuperSearch results will appear.
Note: If search results do not appear, see the troubleshooting section below.
Community Members, Prospective Students, and Alumni
Community members, prospective students, and alumni can browse Saint Mary’s collection using the SuperSearch Guest Access. Guest access enables users to search and browse Saint Mary’s full collection and to access full text of open access resources; however, full text subscription resources are not available through guest access.
Contact the IT Helpdesk if you encounter problems logging into databases or if you forgot your username or password. If you can log into the Student Portal, Gmail, and Canvas, but you cannot log into the databases from off-campus, your account may not be fully activated. Ask the IT Helpdesk to activate your account.
Renewals, Loans, & Requests
Your library account enables you to:
- View your checked-out items and due dates;
- Renew your checked-out items;
- Check the status of your interlibrary loan and hold requests;
- Cancel a request.
If you encounter problems logging into your library account or the interlibrary loan request form, contact the IT Helpdesk.
You can save resources to a SuperSearch (aka EBSCO) account, which is free and enables you to:
- Permanently save articles, ebooks, and searches
- Set up search alerts
- Access your work from any device anytime.